8.30.2009

There Is Nothing Little About This Book

(currently watching I'm a Celebrity - Get Me Out of Here! on Starworld.)

I finished reading The Little Book.




And what a pleasant read it was!

The language is just wonderful. At first, it was a bit long-winded for me but once the landscape of Vienna 1897 unfolded before my eyes (eerrr, in the book la), I was hooked. The twist and turns of the tale of time travel engages me to stay on the book. I stole time by reading it during my train and bus rides and during court recesses (the coroner at Teoh Beng Hock inquest is ALWAYS late).

Recently purchased four new books under the company's yearly book allowance. Here's the catch getting books from the allowance scheme.

I can't buy:
1. dictionaries
2. books on journalism
3. encyclopedias
and the worst part of all..

4. FICTION (!!!)

O.o

Here's the haul.




I got P/S: I Love You as a birthday present. I heard the story is good but I've never read it or seen the movie. It's always better to read the book before watching the movie so I'm going to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment